A portfolio is a fantastic tool that represents your professional excellence and expertise. It shows your strength and capability to accomplish a project efficiently. Simultaneously, portfolio gallery is helpful for recruiters to recruit a person for a certain job.
As the portfolio is essential for everyone who have sellable excellence in certain fields, they look for outstanding tools to present their extraordinary potential aesthetically. Mass peopleg don’t like complications that they love the easiest solution. To fill this gap, Pinterest comes in handy.
Pinterest was launched as photo sharing social media platform, but it gradually becomes a place of creative people like graphic designer, web designer, interior designer, fashion designer, and other artists who share their work and pin others creation for inspiration. On the other hand, Pinterest has simplified the job of employers; they directly hire their desired professionals quickly with any cost.
As Pinterest has been a stalwart source of representation technical excellence, job employers want to see Pinterest as resume besides the personal resume website. So, WordPress plugin developers have built such a plugin that connect your website with a Pinterest server and bring your Pinterest portfolio, pins, pint-in button and other elements extensively.
If you’re looking for such a solution to build site portfolio or facelift the existing one theme, you go for GS Pinterest Portfolio WordPress Plugin.
How To Install & Use GS Pinterest Portfolio WordPress Plugin
GS Pinterest is amazing tool to connect Pinterest server and fetch Pinterest pins, button and more. It’s easy to use and customize. With this plugin, you can create Pinterest portfolio gallery anywhere in WordPress post and pages with any complication. Installing Pinterest plugin is the same as the installation of regular WordPress plugin. I am going to flip through the process to show you how to install and use the plugin on your WordPress website.
Before heading to the process of plugin usage, don’t forget to download and activate it first. Download GS Pinterest portfolio pluign from here.
Installing GS Pinterest Portfolio plugin is the same as you install the other WordPress plugins on your website. You don’t need to import any other layout or addition data, just get into the Plugins >> Add New and Search for GS Pinterest Portfolio. The plugin will appear like the following screen. Select Install Now. When the installation is completed, click Activate button to enable the plugin.
On the other hand, you can install GS Pinterest plugin via FTP. First download GS Pinterest Plugin from WordPress plugin directory manually. Connect your FTP client and navigate to wp-content/plugins directory and place unzipped version gs-pinterest-portfolio there. When you install the plugin manually, you have to get into Dashboard >> Plugins and activate the GS Pinterest Portfolio Plugin.
Step 02 : Configure Plugin
After installing GS Pinterest Plugin successfully, you will notice a setting title GS Plugins at the left WordPress settings. From the GS plugins, dive into Pinterest Settings. From here you can control all the Pinterest portfolio settings extensively. It’s the global setting of Pinterest options.
From this settings page, you can define your Pinterest username, board name, number of pin to display, default theme, link target, and control pin title, pin column, Gutter, and style with custom CSS.
Plugin Settings Overview
Configuring plugin from the site backend is easy. From the settings page can control everything of Pinterest settings with ease.
- Connect To Pinterest: Pinterest plugin connects its server via Pinterest username. Enter your Pinterest username in Pinterest User field to fetch your Pinterest data to your WordPress website. As the plugin connects the Pinterest server with username, it means entering username of anyone you can show the user specific data easily.
- Pinterest Board Name: After defining the username, the plugin has built the bridge between the Pinterest and your WordPress website. Now specify your Pinterest board name to demonstrate Pinterest board specific data.
- Total Pins to display: Your Pinterest board might have hundred of pins, but it won’t be possible to display all data at a time. From the Total Pins to display settings, you can limit how much pins would be shown.
- Style & Theming: GS Pinterest Portfolio plugin provides a couple theme and style to adapt theme plugin style with your WordPress website.
Pin Link Target: Link target setting let you decide whether your pin will open in new window or new tab.
- Pin Tile: With this setting, you can hide and show board title.
- Pin Column: This is the powerful setting which allows you to choose your desired layout column for your website to demonstrate board pins according to your site design.
- Gutter: Nimble but powerful settings to control layout gutter with ease.
- Pinterest Custom CSS: It provides the flexible settings to add your customized CSS style in your Pinterest pin gallery.
Step 03: publish
When you configure Pinterest correctly, now it’s time to publish in your desired WordPress post, pages, and widgetized areas. To publish Pinterest pins in post and page you have to use shortcode generator. On the other hand, with the widget you can publish pins,boards, follow button, and portfolio on widget areas.
When you head to create post or page, click on the Pinterest Icon. It opens a window to take input for Pinterest User ID, User Board, Number of Pins, Theme and Column number. Providing your setting inputs, click OK button to enter shortcode in your editor.
Navigate from Appearance >> Widgets and here you find numerous of widgets. The GS Pinterest plugin generates four widgets: GS Pinterest Follow Button, GS Pinterest Portfolio Widget, GS Pinterest Board Widget, and GS Pinterest Pin Widget. Drag them to your desired widget positions. It will automatically fetch Pinterest data on your WordPress website.
I crafted this plugin reaching various aspects of its users. If you have any suggestion to propose, please let me know. I’ll try to incorporate your request in your next version release. So, don’t hesitate to reach me anytime if you have any suggestion to enhance this plugin.